EzeeFlights need to collect, use and disclose personal information to perform our business functions and activities, including making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. We are firmly committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality of your personal information by maintaining various physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards from our side, by providing your personal information to us either directly or by allowing another person on your behalf. You accept us to access your personal information by providing consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information as detailed in this policy. If you do not agree with any part of this policy, you must not provide your personal information to us. If you do not provide us with your personal information or if you withdraw the consent that you have given under this policy, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services provided by us. For example, most travel bookings must be made under the travelers full name and need to include contact details and appropriate identification (e.g. passport details). We cannot make bookings for you without that information.
There may be instances where your local data protection laws impose more restrictive information handling practices than the practices set out in this policy. We will adjust our information handling practices in your jurisdiction to comply with these local data protection laws.
Personal information has the meaning given under your local data protection law. Personal information means information with which a person can get identified and other information in a persons possession, including any expression of opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual and any indication of intention in respect of an individual.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to arrange travel-related services and/or products on your behalf. For example, we may collect details such as your name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card details (including card type, card number, security number, and expiry date), passport details, loyalty program / frequent flyer details, information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any), and other detailing relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers). When you contact us for other purposes, we may also collect personal information about you in relation to those purposes. For example, we may collect your personal information by which we can contact you about a competition you have entered (e.g. if you win) or respond to an inquiry or feedback you have sent to us. We also collect information that is required; for use in the business activities of EzeeFlights and our related entities. (e.g. financial details necessary to process various transactions, video surveillance footage used for security purposes, and other relevant personal information you may elect to provide to us)
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from you, which may think as sensitive information under your local data protection laws. Sensitive information may include (without limitation) your racial or ethnic origin, philosophical or religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and the alleged commission of an offense, membership of political, professional, or trade associations, biometric and genetic information, passwords and financial information and health information, and any personal information relating to a child under the age of 13. We will collect sensitive information in compliance with your local data protection laws, with your consent, and/or where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities (e.g. to make travel arrangements). We are otherwise required or authorized to do so by law. To the extent permitted or required under your local data protection laws, you consent to us using and disclosing your sensitive information for the purpose unless we subsequently receive your consent to use it for another purpose. For example, if you provide health information to us in connection with a travel insurance application. You would like to make your consent to us using and disclosing that health information in connection with arranging that travel insurance on your behalf. A further example is; if you provide your religious beliefs to us because you are interested in, for example, other holiday packages, in which case you consent to us using and disclosing that information in connection with facilitating your request. We will not use sensitive information for purposes other than those for which it was collected unless we subsequently receive your consent to use it for another purpose.
We will collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable. Generally, this collection will occur when you deal with us in person, by telephone, by letter, by facsimile, by email, when you visit any of our websites, or when you connect with us via social media. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase or make inquiries about travel arrangements or other products and services. When you enter competitions or register for promotions; when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters); when you request brochures or other information from us; or when you provide information or use our services on social media. Unless you choose under a pseudonym or anonymously, we may also collect your personal information (other than sensitive information) when you complete surveys or provide feedback.
In some circumstances, it is necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party, including when a person makes a travel booking on your behalf, which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). We will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveler on the booking. If you are providing your personal information to us, either directly or through a family member, employer, or other agent or representative in connection with a travel booking or related service. Which means, you have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this policy.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for EzeeFlights to collect, use and disclose other's personal information in accordance with this policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this policy.
You should inform us immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if he did not get any approval before providing your personal information.
We will only process your information where:
• you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time, as detailed in section 8 below);
• the processing is necessary to provide our services to you;
• the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
• the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third-party recipients that receive your personal information
Where you contact us concerning a travel booking or query, the purpose for which we collect your personal information is generally to provide you with travel advice and/or to assist you with booking travel and/or travel-related products and services. However, the purpose for collection may differ depending on the particular circumstances as disclosed in this policy (e.g. collection of your personal information for the purpose of your participation in a competition, provision of feedback, etc.).
When we book and otherwise arrange travel-related products and services for you, we usually act as agents of the relevant travel service providers (e.g. for a hotel). In this case, we process your personal information as necessary to provide the services you requested from us. Which includes collecting personal information about you both for our internal purposes as described in this policy and for the travel service provider, for whom we act as agents for their internal purposes (e.g. to provide you with the booked services). For example, if you book a flight through us, we use your personal information to enable your flight to be booked and disclose it to the airline to provide the flight service for you.
We may therefore share your information with our travel services providers, such as hotels, airlines, car rental, or other providers who fulfill your travel bookings. Please note that these travel service providers may also use your personal information in their respective privacy policies. They may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you to facilitate your travel reservation or provide you with your requested services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party travel service providers whose products you purchase through us. We will provide you copies of all relevant travel service provider terms, conditions, and privacy policies on request.
We act as agents for or on behalf of thousands of travel service providers from different parts of the world, so we cannot set out in this policy that all; the travel service providers for whom we act or their locations.
If you have any concerns regarding; the transfer of your personal information to a travel service provider or you wish to contact us for further information. Please refer to the "Feedback / Complaints / Contact" section below.
• Providing you with services and tools you choose to use (for example, saving travel preferences on our websites to a wish list or saving personal information to allow for pre-population of online forms).
• Identification of fraud or error.
• Regulatory reporting and compliance..
• Developing and improving our products and services and those of our related entities.
• Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, creating and maintaining a customer profile to enable our brands to service you better or presenting options on our website that we think may interest you based on your browsing and preferences.
• Involve you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction, and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided.
• To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs.
• For research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including, but not limited to, trends and preferences in sales and travel destinations and use of our websites.
• Internal accounting and administration.
• To comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel. and
• Other purposes as authorized or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health, or safety or to enforce our legal rights).
We are allowed by local data protection laws to use your personal information and send you targeted marketing activities relating to our products and services (and those of third parties). Which we think may interest you unless you have requested not to receive such information. These may include but are not limited to mail outs, electronic marketing, notifications as described below, and telephone calls). We will only use your personal information to send electronic marketing materials to you (including e-newsletters, email, SMS, MMS, and iM) with your consent (which consent may be expressed or, where permitted by local data protection laws, inferred).
If you no longer wish to receive promotional/marketing material from us, if you do not want to participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving electronic marketing materials by following the unsubscribe prompt in your email, SMS, MMS, IM, or other forms of electronic marketing.
Generally, we try to limit the circumstances where we process sensitive personal data. However, this can occasionally occur because:
• You have requested specific medical assistance from us and/or an airport operator, such as the provision of wheelchair assistance or oxygen.
• You have sought clearance from us to fly with a medical condition or because you are more than 28 weeks pregnant, or,
• You have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us
• You may have made other requests in connection with making the travel arrangements that may possibly imply or suggest something about you that could be “sensitive personal data”. For instance, if you request a particular type of special meal, this may imply or suggest you have a particular religious belief or a particular medical condition.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the ways set out in this policy, in particular, as set out below in accordance with your local data protection laws. Note that, in this policy, where we say "disclose", this includes transferring, sharing (including verbally and in writing), sending, or otherwise making available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
• Your personal information might disclosed to the following types of third parties.
• Our contractors, suppliers, and service providers, without limitation.
• In each of the circumstances in the section titled "How do we use and disclose your personal information?".
• Suppliers of IT-based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (such as any external data hosting provider(s) we may use).
• Publishers, printers, and distributors of marketing material, events, and expo organizers.
• Marketing, market research, research and analysis, and communications agencies.
• Mailing houses, freight services, courier services.
• External business advisers (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, and recruitment consultants).
• Our related entities and brands.
• Travel service providers like travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer handlers, and other related service providers.
• A prospective purchaser, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of EzeeFlights, or any of our subsidiaries, business lines, related bodies corporate and franchisees, or assets of Ezeeflights or any such subsidiaries, business lines, or related bodies corporate and franchisees.
• A person making your travel booking on your behalf, where you are traveling on a booking made on your behalf by another person (for example, a family member, friend, or work colleague).
• Your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business, or government clients and you are participating in an event or traveling for work purposes.
• A person who can verify that they have a relationship with you (e.g. a family member) where you are not contactable and if the person correctly answers our required security questions. If the request is in our opinion or in your interest, if they are making any action (for example, where the person is concerned for your welfare or needs to undertake action on your behalf due to unforeseen circumstances).
• As required or authorized by applicable law and to comply with our legal obligations.
• Customs and Immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel.
• Government agencies and public authorities to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other Valid legal process.
• Various Regulatory bodies and Law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; and.
• Enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent. If we feel reasonable to believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to the life, health, or safety of an individual or public health or for other actions to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offenses). Where such disclosure is authorized or required by law (including applicable privacy/data protection laws).
On our websites, you may prefer to use certain features; that can be accessed through, or for which we partner with, other entities that do not affiliate with us. These features, which include social networking and geo-location tools, are operated by third parties, including social networks, and are clearly identified as such. These third parties may use or share personal information; in accordance with their own privacy policies. We strongly suggest you review the third party's privacy policies; if you use the relevant features.
When you engage us to book flights on your behalf, we will provide your personal information (i.e. name, email address, and/or mobile number) to the relevant airline. That enables airlines to advise passengers of irregular flight operations and disruptions (e.g. flight cancellations, schedule changes) directly to the customer.
We may disclose your personal information to some overseas recipients, as set out below, which we will do in accordance with your local data protection laws.
It is possible that information can get transferred to an overseas recipient (other than any of our overseas related entities) located in a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under your local data protection laws that do not have an equivalent level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by your local data protection laws, we will not be liable for how these overseas recipients handle, store and process your personal information.
We operate a global business, including operations in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and India. Your personal information will be sent, to our overseas related entities in connection with the facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative, advisory, and technical services, including the storage and processing of such information.
In providing our services, we must disclose personal information to relevant overseas travel service providers. We deal with different travel service providers; across the world. The location of a travel service provider relevant to your personal information will depend on the travel services. Relevant travel service providers receive your personal information in the country; they will provide the services to you or on which their business or management based in.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas to perform services for us, which includes storage and processing of such information. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with the facilitation of your travel booking and/or enabling the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
We also deal with many different service providers across the world. We cannot set out these policies for the countries; to which we may send your personal information. If you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information is given for that, you can touch on the "Feedback / Complaints / Contact" section.
EzeeFlights has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information it holds from loss and misuse and unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and interference. We regularly review security technologies and strive to protect your personal information. We protect our confidential information. We are not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls; with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services, or otherwise.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for business purposes or as required by law.
When you access our website, use any of our mobile applications or open electronic correspondence or communications from us. Our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers that identify your computer and are generally assigned when you access the internet. IP addresses are not personal information, as any computer or device used by multiple people (i.e. it is not possible to ascertain the identity of a user simply from the computer or device used by them).
We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues, and compiling anonymous data regarding the usage of our website and/or mobile applications. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described above (e.g. to better tailor our marketing and advertising materials, provided you have opted in to receive electronic marketing).
(a) What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that stores the user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We may link the information we may store cookies to any personal information you submit on our website. Cookies save data about individual visitors to the website, such as the visitor's name, password, username, screen preferences, the pages of a website viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. When a visitor revisits the website, we may recognize the visitor by the cookie and customize the visitor's experience accordingly. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still have access to our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website, such as contests or surveys, may be limited.
Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still; send you communications about the services you have booked to use, such as your travel itinerary. These communications will help you get the most from the services; we provide and may also contain options and offers about the services you will be using (e.g. advance seating requests, additional baggage, pre-booked meals, and upgrades). We may also send you communications about the services you have used previously, for example, where you experienced some form of issue or problem. We wish to contact you about it proactively in order to resolve it.
We may use and retain your personal information, including your purchase history, for administrative purposes. It includes accounting and billing, auditing, credit or other payment card verification, anti-fraud screening (including the use of credit reference agency searches and payment card validation checks), immigration and customs control, safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes, and systems testing, maintenance and development.
EzeeFlights does not buy, rent or sell data to third parties because our client`s privacy and security are paramount. However, from time to time, we may work with a promotional partner to allow our customers to enter competitions.
Keep your booking reference and itinerary details confidential. When you make a booking, you will get a booking reference; this will appear on the email confirmation or ticket of each person in your booking. You must be able to keep your booking references confidential. Giving your booking reference to others may allow them to access your booking details through our system. When, you are traveling with others and would not like your individual booking details to be accessible by them. You may prefer to have each person make separate bookings and pay individually.
When you finish using the website, online services, or mobile application, you should log out if others may be able to access your computer or device. It is more important if you are using a publicly accessible computer.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide by visiting third-party sites. Such sites will not come under this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.